• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Griffey Jr. Retires

Reaction score
Seattle sports icon Ken Griffey Jr. announced his retirement Wednesday, bringing a close to an incredible career that spanned 22 seasons and included 630 home runs and a highlight-reel of catches. Griffey's retirement is effective immediately.

"This has been on my mind recently, but it's not an easy decision to come by," Griffey said in a statement. "I'd like to thank my family for all of the sacrifices they have made all of these years for me. I'd like to thank the Seattle Mariners organization for allowing me to finish my career where it started."

Reaction score
Very sad day, but it needed to happen and the fact that Griffey is mature enough to recognize that makes me love the dude even more. He was my childhood idol, he's the main reason I love baseball and he's more than likely the reason we still have baseball up here. I wish he would have won a ring, but that wasn't going to happen this year anyway. I'm making it a mission to go to his hall of fame induction. Thanks for the memories Jr. and I'll see you in Cooperstown very soon.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
No doubt this is a sad day. Because baseball has become so unpopular with youngsters (pace of play, no more home runs, bad marketing), there will unlikely be another Griffey for a very long time.

IMO that is the saddest part about this whole thing, the last unbelievable athlete to pass through baseball was Griffey. No roids, only pure athleticism. You will be missed Ken.

Top Bottom