• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jon Kitna, Tweeting Seahawks and Peyton Manning

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score

Former Seahawks quarterback and Washington native Jon Kitna will call it a career after 16 seasons in the NFL.

Yes, 16 years in a job more analyzed and dissected than perhaps any job in the nation-and he showed tremendous staying power. It's not easy being a journeyman quarterback. The hype and endorsements don't come easy but as Steve Rudman of SportsPress Northwest highlights, Kitna had a tremendous career.

Rudman writes, "While Kitna will never be regarded as among the best undrafted quarterbacks in NFL history – Moon heads that group with nine Pro Bowl appearances, with Kurt Warner a close second and Dave Krieg somewhere on the list – Kitna acquitted himself as well as any uninvited guest who ever took an NFL snap.

Take a look at Kitna's career by the numbers over at pro-football-reference.com It's a thing of beauty, that of proving everyone wrong and the sustained undeniable results of determination.

Kitna was born in Tacoma, Washington and played college ball at Central Washington. He spent from 1997-2000 with the Seahawks, then on to Cincinnati, Ohio to play for the Bengals from 2001-2005, then from 2006-2008 he was in the Motor City with the Lions and then finally with the Cowboys in Dallas the last three seasons. He managed to start 127 NFL games in his career.

See Rudman's article to see how Kitna stacks up against HOF'ers like Troy Aikman in some key categories and you might be surprised.

Kita had this to say about the matter on the Brock and Salk radio show last week

"I think my career epitomizes the scripture that says God chose the foolish things to shame the wise and the weak things that shame the strong, and that certainly was me. No scholarships, not one scholarship offer coming out of high school, going to a small college and coming out of a small college where there had been one other guy that had had any time in the NFL, and then Dennis Erickson kind of sees me and likes what he sees and decides to spend the time developing me. And then just having the chance to sit behind a guy like John Friesz and then Warren Moon for a couple years and just learn, learn the way to be a pro, learn the way to play the game."

Here's a roundup of what the Seahawks players have been up to, as shared via Twitter.

@Kam_Chancellor "Got the body of a goddess..."

Is he is referring to himself?

Walter Jones is watching the FOX TV show Alcatraz

@BigWalt71 "I'm watching Alcatraz (10516 others checked-in) http://bit.ly/tBgGwK@GetGlue@AlcatrazonFOX"

Ben Obomanu
Obo87 "Kicking it with Da Bruhs!!!"

Mike Williams @BigMikeWill17 "I dont know enough about the Mormon faith to get a read on Romney.. But he's kissing random babies, and everyone likes to see that."

Justin Forsett @JForsett "I am risking my life on these icy roads all for Cheesecake Factory!!!#LetUsPray"

Leon Washington on the Saints-Niners game @Leon_Washington "Greg Williams sending pressure is putting Saints defenders in a Touch Position. SMH @SportsCenter"

Michael Robinson a former Penn State football players, talks about the school's new football coach @RealMikeRob "Listening to PSU coach OBrien talk fball and I'm impressed with his football IQ. Those players will know NFL language.."

K.J. Wright

@KJ_WRIGHT34 "My cousin just said he got a bootleg nba 2k12 for $10.. Who does that

Russell Okung, we hope, was speaking rhetorically concerning his health when he tweeted,

@BDR76 "Im really too young to be feeling this old."

-Finally as much as Pete Carroll says the offseason won't bring us a lot of crazy roster changes, the speculation will be purely insane. The latest is that Peyton Manning could wind up in Seattle. That's probably not going to happen but one can imagine.

A survey on SeattlePI.com shows that Seahawks fans are in favor.

The Peyton Manning to Seattle rumor/speculation came from one of the big boys in the NFL media business, and a highly respected member at that. Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reported that NFL GM's have said if Peyton were to leave Indy the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals all would be possibilities.

You can view La Canfora's corresponding Tweet here.

Top Bottom