• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ichiro Wins 2 Awards

Reaction score
Guti had best UZR of ANY PLAYER at ANY POSITION. He was hands doen better than all 3 Gold Glove outfielders this year... Adam Jones winning is a joke, and Torii Hunter is almost s bad... Horrible picks for GG. Derek Jeter was the worst pick though.. Dude is almost as bad of a shortstop as Yuni.

OP

12thMan

Huddler
Reaction score
True Yuni sucked pretty hard. I agree most of the picks this year were BS but hey, Guti will get his next year and hey, we get to celebrate Ichi's 9th in a row right now!!

Reaction score
The Gold Gloves have become such a joke over the last few years. They vote for the big names, not on actual ability.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
The Gold Gloves have become such a joke over the last few years. They vote for the big names, not on actual ability.
That's typically how it is. Same goes for the Pro Bowl in the NFL...People will vote in a guy like LT even though he has done horrible this season.

Reaction score
The truth about Jeter is he had his lowest production of errors in ever with 8, but that was in large part due to Mark Teixeira's ability at 1st.

Reaction score
Errors have very little to with how proficient a player is defensively. Elvis Andrus has some of the sickest range you'll ever find out of a SS and because of that he gets to a lot of balls the average SS wouldn't get to, and the average SS gets to a lot of balls Jeter wouldn't get to and therefore he has chances at those high degree of difficulty plays and therefore no errors.

If I had to take one player just based on defense for each position I'd probably go:

C- who cares? Honestly... C is a pretty defensively irrelevant position. They can't even keep UZR for it. I guess I'd go with Benji Molina though.
1B- Probably D Lee... Wow Kendry Morales led all 1Bs in UZR??? That's a surprise.
2B- Placido Polanco
3B- Adrian Beltre(I'm being a bit of a homer here)
SS- Jack Wilson
OF- Franklin Gutierrez
OF- Nyjer Morgan
OF- Ryan Sweeney
P- Mark Buehrle.

Top Bottom