• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Friday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A recap of the day’s activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Oct. 28:
FOCUS ON
Marshawn Lynch, Zach Miller and Max Unger. All three offensive starters will play in Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals at CenturyLink Field after missing last week’s game because of injuries.
Lynch, the team’s leading rusher, did not play against the Browns in Cleveland after experiencing back spasms in pregame warm-ups. Miller and Unger, the tight end and center, also missed the Browns game after getting neck and foot injuries, respectively, in the pre-bye week game against the New York Giants at the Meadowlands.
“I mentioned it about the baseball analogy – right down the middle,” coach Pete Carroll said of getting his center, running back, tight end and perhaps even QB Tarvaris Jackson back this week.
“It’s pretty darn important. Max had a very good week, he’s ready to go. Marshawn feels fine; he’ll be ready to go. And Zach is back, too. So that’s a big difference. Those guys are starters for a reason. So we’re happy to have those guys back.”
LEWIS TO BE ACTIVATED
Cornerback Roy Lewis will be added to the active roster for this game, Carroll said. Lewis has been on the physically unable to perform list while completing his rehab from knee surgery that ended his 2010 season in December.
The club already had cleared a roster spot for Lewis by releasing offensive lineman Tyler Polumbus earlier in the week.
Lewis returns at an optimum time, because rookie Richard Sherman will make his first NFL start at left cornerback for Walter Thurmond, who was starting for Marcus Trufant. Thurmond (ankle) and Trufant (back) have been placed on injured reserve. Lewis will fill the nickel back spot that Thurmond had been playing, and also help on special teams.
“I’m back and I’m happy,” Lewis said. “It feels good to be back. I felt ready to comeback a couple weeks ago, but it’s a logistics thing. So I was going to continue to persevere, continue to do my due diligence as far as getting my mind and my body prepared to perform at the highest level when the opportunity comes.
“Which will be this Sunday. I’ll go out there and maximize it.”
Lewis has not played since Week 14 last season, when he was injured in a game against the 49ers in San Francisco.
FLASH BACK
The last time the Seahawks and Bengals met was Sept. 23, 2007. The game was played in Seattle, but the stadium was then named Qwest Field. That, however, is not the only change.
The Seahawks won 24-21 as Matt Hasselbeck threw TD passes to Deion Branch, Nate Burleson and Bobby Engram and Josh Brown kicked a field goal. None of those players are with the team anymore.
The Bengals got a combined 21 catches for 279 yards from the duo of T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson, and the passes were thrown by Carson Palmer. None of those players are with the team anymore, either.
INJURY REPORT
The official end-of-the-week status report:
Questionable
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
Probable
SS Kam Chancellor (knee)
RB Marshawn Lynch (back)
TE Zach Miller (neck/head)
C Max Unger (foot)
S Atari Bigby (hamstring)
S Jeron Johnson (ankle)
Jackson participated in every phase of practice for the first time since straining his right pectoral three weeks ago against the Giants. He threw during team drills and also threw with “some mustard on it,” as he put it, while playing catch early in practice. Jackson’s extensive action prompted Carroll to offer, “It’s encouraging. I think he has a chance to play if he can get through these two days.”
For more on Jackson’s status, click here.
Bigby and Johnson were limited in practice. Johnson twisted an ankle during practice on Wednesday, while Bigby tweaked a hamstring before ever getting to the drill portions of practice on Thursday. Carroll said their status will be a game-day decision.
For the Bengals:
Out
LB Rey Maualuga (ankle)
Questionable
LB Thomas Howard (hamstring)
CB Adam Jones (neck)
CB Morgan Trent (ankle)
Probable
CB Nate Clements (knee)
TE Jermaine Gresham (hamstring)
CB Kelly Jennings (hamstring)
LB Dan Skuta (groin)
STAT DU JOUR
A lot has been made this week of Red Bryant’s role in the success of the Seahawks’ run defense, and for good reason. The 330-pound end was a force for the first six games last season, before going down with a season-ending knee injury in Week 8. He’s back, and the Seahawks leads the league in per-carry rushing average (3.2) after six games this season. Here’s a look at the Seahawks’ efforts against the run in games Bryant has started, and finished:
Opponent No. Yards Avg. TD
49ers 19 49 2.6 0
Broncos 38 65 1.7 2
Chargers 21 89 3.2 0
Rams 28 88 3.1 0
Bears 14 61 4.4 1
Cardinals 20 113 5.7 1
49ers 32 85 2.7 1
Steelers 35 124 3.5 2
Cardinals 28 90 3.2 0
Falcons 36 121 3.4 2
Giants 25 69 2.8 0
Browns 44 141 3.2 0
The Seahawks also have not allowed a 100-yard rusher in these games.
UP NEXT
The players will have a walk-thru on Saturday morning.
YOU DON’T SAY
“The two places we’ve just been – New York and Cleveland – and to know what that was like, experience that, and to have what it’s like here at our place, we really appreciate it. Our place rocks. Hopefully we can make the plays to get them up off their seats and get them crazy about it. … This is a very, very special place to play.” – Carroll on playing at CenturyLink Field for the first time since Oct. 2 and only the third time all season

b.gif
AJzzD8_Uewo

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom