• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favre released by Jets

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes today the released him from the retired / reserve list, I did not know they had a list like that.There is also a article about it in the Seattle times

NEW YORK (AP) — Brett Favre was released from the reserve-retired list by the New York Jets on Tuesday night, making the quarterback a free agent if he decides to again come out of retirement.

When Favre was dealt to New York from Green Bay in August, there were conditions in the trade that required the Packers to be compensated if the Jets moved the three-time MVP. Those no longer apply if he signs elsewhere.

The 39-year-old Favre, who spent one disappointing season with New York, had requested the move several weeks ago through agent Bus Cook, but insisted he has no plans to come out of retirement for a 19th season.

``Nothing has changed,'' Favre said in a statement. ``At this time, I am retired and have no intention of returning to football.''

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum also said Favre had not indicated to him any desire to come back.

That, of course, won't stop any of the likely speculation that Favre could end up with any number of teams, especially if the torn biceps tendon that hampered him for much of last season has healed.

After 16 seasons with the Packers, Favre had a tearful retirement in March 2008, but decided to return to football a few months later. Green Bay had already moved forward, anointing Aaron Rodgers the starter as a bitter falling out with Favre ensued.

The Packers traded him to the Jets, injecting excitement into a franchise that hasn't been to a Super Bowl since 1969. Things started off promising as Favre played well and the Jets took over first place in the AFC East, with a playoff run in their sights. But Favre struggled down the stretch with the arm injury as the Jets finished 1-4 and failed to make the playoffs, costing coach Eric Mangini his job.

Favre announced his retirement on Feb. 11, saying he was done with football - this time for real.

Reaction score
If he comes out of retirement again, I'll go to a game where he's close and heckle/boo him, and maybe even bring a dozen eggs to toss @ him..

Reaction score
Pottsie said:
If he comes out of retirement again, I'll go to a game where he's close and heckle/boo him, and maybe even bring a dozen eggs to toss @ him..

Why not snowballs? lol

Reaction score
Keep in mind he wanted to go to the Vikings. When the Packers traded him to the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets it was agreed if they (Jets) ever traded him to Minny then they had to give up multiple 1st round choices to Green Bay. Never covered him being released. We all know how Brett is sitting there thinking:

Peterson, Percy, Bernard and a decent OL.... hmmmm Deanna you look good in Purple :)

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger said:
Why not snowballs? lol

Because most Seattlefan would rather save them to chuck at Holmy...ARRRRGH! Still pisses me off...

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I love watching Favre play football, and hope he does come out again. People hate him, people mock him, but few players love the game as much as he does.

These days kids come to the NFL to get rich, and have little ambition for the HOF or pride of the SB ring. The league is filled with drug addicts and dealers, dog killers, and men who get there kicks from spitting on women (Larry Johnson).

I can only hope the day comes when football is like it once was, when players lived the dream and money was nice but not the reason they came. The day when players sacrifice everything including their health and lives for what they love, Football.

Take away the millions and most of the NFL would be empty, it is a damn shame when people would ever hate a player who is about much more than that. Though I hated watching the snowballs fly against Seattle...I loved watching someone enjoy what they do for a living as much as he does.

Yeah, I am a bit frustrated with the NFL and the salaries given to these kids. It has effected the league and turned it into a gangbangers paradise. Here is too Goodell in hopes that he manages to fix the corruption of the NFL, while still maintaining what we love about the game (which he seems to be having a ahrd time with).

OP
Irish Hawk 12

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker is not that I hate him, which I do not, I think he is one of the best QBs in the biz, what I get irritated about is the last few years or more of him himin and hawin about retirement and comes up to the end and announces he is going to play again Make up your mind either retire and shut the hell up or play till you have to use a walker

Top Bottom