• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fan Fest

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

It's freaking AWESOME! Last time I went they let me keep hitting until I DIDN'T hit a HR, hit 8 in a row and put two OVER the concourse into the CF Bleachers....Other people stopped hitting to watch...lol

Though on the pop flys I only caught one of three....Shows why my HS Coach said I was the reason they created the DH, used to tell me I was one of the best hitters he's ever seen at that level but probably the WORST fielder he's ever seen in his life in comparison to my hitting...lol...LOL...My BA and my Fielding% were probably pretty close..haha

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm probably the opposite. I'll catch anything that comes at me, but I'll strike out all the time, too.

PS - It would be so awesome if the 'Hawks did something like this. Meeting players, kick field goals, pass to WRs, get passes from a QB, some sort of running game simulation, tours, etc.

Reaction score
Number 18;54257 said:
I'm probably the opposite. I'll catch anything that comes at me, but I'll strike out all the time, too.

PS - It would be so awesome if the 'Hawks did something like this. Meeting players, kick field goals, pass to WRs, get passes from a QB, some sort of running game simulation, tours, etc.
That would be cool. Do any other NFL teams do something similar?

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54246 said:
It's freaking AWESOME! Last time I went they let me keep hitting until I DIDN'T hit a HR, hit 8 in a row and put two OVER the concourse into the CF Bleachers....Other people stopped hitting to watch...lol

Though on the pop flys I only caught one of three....Shows why my HS Coach said I was the reason they created the DH, used to tell me I was one of the best hitters he's ever seen at that level but probably the WORST fielder he's ever seen in his life in comparison to my hitting...lol...LOL...My BA and my Fielding% were probably pretty close..haha

So you were High School Edgar? People forget he had like 27 errors in 1992 at third base the year he won the Batting crown.

Reaction score
Edgar wasn't a bad fielder at all. Injuries ruined his range and turned him into a bad filder, that's why they moved him to DH.

I was a good enough catch to play first base for a while. I played a little outfield too, didn't have great range because it takes mme a while to get to speed being such a big guy. At the plate I was a Adam Dunn/Russell Branyan type, just not as good at drawing walks lol... Pretty much all or nothing.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

It would be so awesome if the 'Hawks did something like this. Meeting players, kick field goals, pass to WRs, get passes from a QB, some sort of running game simulation, tours, etc.

The Hawks did do something like this in the '90s when they trained in Cheney but the move to VMAC kinda killed it..

Fenom, some teams still do that...

So you were High School Edgar?

LMAO...Kinda, hit both Righty and Lefty and batted in the 3hole....Was scouted for a while (think "we might take you in the last round..maybe") but my fielding was SOOOO bad I never got a look when it came time to put up or shutup....Seriously, Edgar's defense would be Gold Glove compared to mine....Had an offer at a couple of CCs but had a job lined up and didn't want to go to BFE so I told them no....

I guess you could call me a Tony Gwynn type, used to drive the ball into gaps and loop singles all the time with SOME power....Never really hit the ball out of the park with reguarlity, alot of people expected me to do that but I never did...Didn't develop power until I was in my '20s which by then was too late...

Still can't field to save my life though....Too slow for OF, and make too many errors to even play 1B.....Like I said, DH all the way...Coaches used to put me in RF just to hide my fielding...And my arm....HAHAHA....Tore my rotator cuff when I was in 7th Grade playing hockey so I barely can hit the cutoff man at 2nd Base from the warning track...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Rotator Cuff injuries are a bitch...

Reaction score
That they do... I can't even do squats at the gym now because I can't get my shoulders back far enough to be able to stabilize the bar.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Man...That sucks....Mine isn't that bad but I can't throw a baseball without the shoulder hurting...Playing catch is a 5 minute deal for me now...

Reaction score
I didn't even tear my rotator cuff, I only sprained it but I did it to both shoulders multiple times... I can still throw without that much pain though.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Mine was torn....Never got surgery though....Had to finish my hockey season and baseball was starting right after...Couldn't miss them...lol....AH....To be young, dumb, and full of......Again...

That and to have a pop who understood what playing sports meant....Well, that and he was born in the era where they taped an aspirn to ya and called it good....The guy fought in the Korean War if that tells you how old he was...

Top Bottom