• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Early Breakout Canidates?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
So since it's been slow on here, figured I'd bring up a question for you all. Seeing that just about every year we have someone really come from nowhere on our roster become something special, who do you have as this years possible breakout player(s)?

Personally I think a deep sleeper could be Benson Mayowa due to Clem leaving, he could get more snaps and really shine. He had a great preseason last year and could potentially follow it up this year. If Scruggs could stay healthy I like his chances of becoming a nice run stuffing DE, maybe something similiar to what Red was for us.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I thought I should turn the light off here until you posted. Your assumption is that yet again a "something special" player will emerge after years of going to that well. Wells dry up. Now if the question pertains to serviceable players stepping up that is more realistic. With injuries and weed suspensions the norm in Seattle there is always opportunity.

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Well either someone who gets more snaps or if an opportunity does arise from injury or suspension like last year, it doesn't matter. This well isn't going to dry up now, promise you that. You have to remember that last years draft was almost all red-shirted so essentially we are 2 drafts deep now in possible talent. Now I'm not saying it won't eventually dry up but there are WAAAAY too many players to not have at least 1 become a future starter or role player.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
OK then I suppose your definition of a special player differs from mine. Seems to me that you're talking about a serviceable player, one that can be turned into a legitimate starter. If that is the case then yes there should be a few on your roster this season.

OP
12thManFan

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not talking like a future HoFer but seeing as in recent years we have Baldwin, Kearse, Smith, and Maxwell who have all shown up, it's somewhat safe to assume we will have another this year.

Top Bottom