• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Sept. 6:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times says that despite another busy cut-down weekend for the Seahawks, don’t expect the constant roster turnover of a year ago – when the club made 284 transactions. Offers O’Neil: “And while this week’s moves may feel similar to last season, that is where the comparison to 2010 will end, according to coach Pete Carroll. ‘I feel very confident that there won’t be a lot of moves from this point forward,’ Carroll said. ‘We’re strongly committed to the guys that we’ve chosen.’ ”
Eric Williams of the News Tribune was among the reporters gathered around Mike Williams after practice on Monday, and the team’s leading receiver from last season defended his new QB. Says Williams (Mike, not Eric): “It’s kind of unbelievable. If it’s overwhelming for a teammate, then it has to be enough for him. I just kind of want to tell everybody, ‘Back the hell up.’ Let him play. Let him have his shot to work and go out here and do his thing.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald focuses on rookie James Carpenter getting work at left guard in practice, with Robert Gallery sidelined by a sprained knee. Says Boyle: “If Gallery can’t play, one of the options to replace him is apparently first-round pick James Carpenter, who up until Monday has strictly worked at right tackle, where he is projected as a starter. Carpenter saw action at guard, a position he played some in college, as well as his usually tackle spot Monday. The Seahawks also have Paul McQuistan and Lemuel Jeanpierre as options at guard.”
Also at the Everett Herald, former beat writer Scott Johnson is doing a series of features on Seahawks looking back at the “The Game of My Life.” It starts with defensive end Jacob Green, who picks a game against the Raiders on Dec. 22, 1984. Says Green: “My father had died that week, and I dedicated that game to him. I wasn’t in town for practice, and the coaches didn’t know if I was going to play. I didn’t even know if was I was going to play. But I played, and we beat the Raiders 13-7. I had 2½ sacks. I was out there for my father, and I played like I was possessed for that particular reason. I was really playing. We had Kenny Easley on defense and all these other people playing well: Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash, all those guys. But that was my day.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com, prompted by a reader’s question, “defends” the NFC West. Says Sando: “Having a division winner with a losing record cannot overcome a one-game upset. The NFC South went 13-3 against the NFC West last season. I won’t be surprised if the Dallas Cowboys exceed expectations this season in part because they’re paired against this division. The NFC West needs to win non-division games more regularly to change perceptions. This division should improve in 2011.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got a bodacious recap of Monday’s practice, as well as a feature on what a weekend it was for rookie free agent safety Jeron Johnson and new kicker Steve Hauschka. There’s also Tony Ventrella’s video report and Rod Mar’s photos from practice. And because it was Monday, there’s also the Monday metatarsal musings.
Michael Lombardi at NFL.com compiles his own “dream team,” with a salary cap. There are no Seahawks on it, but it’s an interesting premise and project nonetheless. Says Lombardi: “Watching all the teams this weekend make cuts and set their 53-man rosters gave me the itch to build a team of my own. With players from all 32 teams serving as my candidate pool and working under the constraints of the $121 million salary cap, I put together my own 53-man roster. I used the base salaries of the players for the 2011 season and not their cap number, which gave me a little more flexibility in assembling my team. My point of emphasis for building this team was to make sure I had top players at what I believe to be four critical positions: 1. Quarterback; 2. Left tackle; 3. Defensive end; 4. Cover corner.”

b.gif
HCsKhCDHgpY

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom