• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
110531-carroll-980.jpg

Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” – and was “out there” over the holiday weekend – on the Seahawks for May 31:
ESPN’s John Clayton, who hosts a Saturday morning show on 710 ESPN, interviewed Mark LeGree, the safety the Seahawks selected in the April NFL Draft. The rookie has had limited exposure to coach Pete Carroll because of the lockout. But he seems to already know the drill, offering, “Even if I don’t get a starting spot, I’m going to make the guy ahead of me work for his spot. On special teams? I love special teams. I know how big a part of the game it is; it can change a game in just one play. I am looking forward to the opportunity to be able to start. I’m a playmaker and I can go get that ball.”
Clayton also lists new offensive line coach Tom Cable at No. 9 in his Top 10 coaches being hit hardest by the lockout. Clayton’s reasoning for the ranking: “The former Raiders coach took over the Seahawks’ offensive line, which is trying to replace three starters. The Seahawks used their first two draft choices on offensive linemen James Carpenter and John Moffitt, and they’ve got to find another guard in free agency. Starting quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is unsigned and has to decide whether he wants to return to what will be the league’s youngest and – until the lockout is over – most un-coached offensive line.”
Jim Corbett of USA Today has five burning questions about the Seahawks as they wait to prepare for the coming season. No. 1, of course, is who will quarterback the team. Says Corbett: “Still, the longer the lockout goes, the better the chance that Hasselbeck could return.”
It’s difficult to not second that notion.
Carl Eller played the final season of his Hall of Fame career with the Seahawks in 1979. Prior to that, he was dominating defensive end for the Minnesota Vikings. Now, Eller, in his role as president of the Retired Players Association, has become a spokesman for that faction in the labor dispute between owners and players. Eller wrote this piece for Sporting News Today, offering: “It is just as much in the interests of the retired players as it is the fans to create a resolution so that we have football played in 2011 – remember, we are now fans, too.
Chester Pitts, a free-agent-to-be offensive lineman for the Seahawks, has had a lot to say during the lockout. Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com catches up with Pitts to get his reaction to Kurt Warner’s recent comment about the players eventually “giving in.” Said Pitts: “There were a lot of players I spoke to who were stunned by what he said. I was disappointed. Disappointed is a good word, but disheartening is a better word.”
And for our give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, we offer this bullet-point overview by Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times. He puts the likelihood of games being lost at 70 percent.
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our look at the players voted to the 35th Anniversary team with a profile of kickoff returner Steve Broussard – as well as a look at current kickoff returner Leon Washington and his place in team history after only one season.

b.gif
dHj5yU1Da9k

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom