• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 2:
Jim Trotter of SI.com examines how players are working out during the lockout, and starts with a look at Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck and tight end John Carlson. With VMAC off limits, Hasselbeck and Carlson have opted for, well, here’s the picture Trotter paints: “Yet on a rainy morning Hasselbeck and Carlson are working out at a private gym in nearby Bellevue. The facility sits in a shopping plaza along with a Goodwill store, a Mattress Depot, a paint distributorship and a Chinese restaurant. The regular gym patrons try to be discreet, but they sneak a few peeks — it’s not every day an NFL quarterback shows up to work out. It’s even rarer to find him throwing passes to his tight end in the parking lot behind the gym. That’s where Hasselbeck and Carlson practice their routes later in the day. At one point the football rolls into a puddle at the base of a Dumpster. The players look quizzically at each other, as if to say: Who’s going to get it? Maybe it’s time to call it quits. But Carlson mans up, grabs the ball, tosses it to Hasselbeck, and the training resumes.”
Speaking of Hasselbeck, Terry McCormack of the Nashville City Paper reports on former UW QB Jake Locker joining the Titans workouts. Locker, the team’s first-round pick in April’s NFL Draft, says he has been working out with Hasselbeck: “Matt was working out at the school. We’ve been working out together on and off the last couple of months. We threw together a couple of times together and spent some time together. I’ve gotten to know him a little better through this process.”
Jon Machota of FoxSportsSouthwest.com catches up with Bill Parcells, who says the Seahawks’ wild victory over the then-Parcells coached Cowboys in a 2006 wild-card playoff game was a factor in his decision to leave coaching. Says Parcells: “I wouldn’t say that that one game really had much to do with anything. It just was … I just think it was time to stop coaching because you have to get off the train sometime and I had a difficult time doing that because I do love the game, but I think as far as coaching, it’s a young man’s game and it’s for someone else now.”

Howard Mudd had not one, but two stints with the Seahawks as their offensive line coach. The first was from 1978-82 on the staff of Jack Patera. Mudd returned from 1993-97, working first under Tom Flores and then Dennis Erickson. After a brief retirement, Mudd is back at it as the new line coach for the Philadelphia Eagles. Marcus Hayes of the Daily News has a profile of how Mudd’s career and life have come, well, full cycle. Hayes on one of the more memorable characters in the Seahawks’ first 35 seasons: “Mudd, 69, is the offseason gem in Andy Reid’s reconstructed Eagles staff, the man who kept Peyton Manning protected for 12 years. He retired after the 2009 season but Reid and defensive-line coach Jim Washburn, an unlikely buddy who previously ran Tennessee’s defensive line, coaxed him back into the NFL.”
For a “Faces of the lockout” feature on ESPN.com, NFC West blogger Mike Sando spent some time with Maurice Kelly, the Seahawks’ senior director of player development. Says Sando: “Each spring and summer, NFL teams hand over piles of cash to men in their early 20s, many of whom possess zero real-world life experience. Society calls this a recipe for disaster. Teams hire people such as Kelly, a 38-year-old former Seahawks safety, to help even out the odds.”
Also at ESPN.com, Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter report that representatives for the owners and players met privately Wednesday. According to the report, “One source said any potential deal still was a ways away, however, the hope would be that the two sides could get something done sooner rather than later, potentially even later this month.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of profiles on the players readers selected to the 35th Anniversary team with a look at guard Bryan Millard. We also ask who had the best single-season performance in franchise history, and offer some alternatives to Shaun Alexander’s MVP campaign in 2005.

b.gif
622ifz_5ZzU

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom