• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: T-Day

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for Nov. 24:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at Kam Chancellor and the impression the hard-hitting strong safety is making in his first season as a starter: “Actually, that impression is more like a dent. He is the 6-foot-3, 232-pound sledgehammer in the Seahawks’ secondary, a player who is big enough to play linebacker in the NFL and so athletic he was recruited to Virginia Tech as a quarterback. In his second year in the NFL, he is making a name for himself with two interceptions and the kind of hits that loosen an opponent’s fillings. ‘Kam is playing like I hoped he could play,’ coach Pete Carroll said. He is Seattle’s clean-up hitter, making the kind of plays that make safeties famous.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune and John Boyle at the Everett Herald also offer their takes on Chancellor.
Dave Boling at the News Tribune looks at Red Bryant, who also is having a huge impact on the Seahawks’ improved, and improving, defense: “Fat man with an interception. That’s what Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch called Red Bryant last Sunday. Bryant let out a rumbling laugh when he told the story, not at all offended by Lynch’s characterization. ‘I thought that was the best line,’ Bryant said of his teammates’ response to seeing the 340-pound defensive end dishing out stiff-arms and going swivel-hipped after his interception against the St. Louis Rams – the first of Bryant’s career. ‘The guys gave me a hard time, but it felt really good,’ Bryant said. “It meant a lot the way the guys responded.’ ”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com looks at the “Injury Situations That Matter” in the NFC West, as the 49ers will play the Ravens tonight in the Harbaugh Bowl, the Seahawks host the Redskins on Sunday and the Rams and Cardinals also matchup: “The biggest concern (with the Seahawks), in my view, centers around whether quarterback Tarvaris Jackson can remain in the lineup for the remainder of the season as he plays through a pectoral injury. Jackson was limited Wednesday. He’s facing a Redskins defense featuring strong outside rushers in Ryan Kerrigan and Brian Orakpo. Defensive tackle Alan Branch (ankle), cornerback Byron Maxwell (ankle), receiver Ben Obomanu (knee/ankle) and receiver Sidney Rice (knee) did not practice. The Seahawks have sufficient depth at all those players’ positions and most of those players are expected to be available Sunday.”
Speaking of Jackson, here at Seahawks.com we look at how Jackson is handling his injury situation, and how the coaches and his teammates are reacting to his display of toughness. Says linebacker Leroy Hill: “This late in the season, doing what he’s doing with what he’s got, Tarvaris is one of the toughest guys in the NFL. He’s complete to me. I’ve got nothing bad to say about Tarvaris.”
We’ve also got Jackson talking turkey in “Wednesday in Hawkville,” as well as Tony Ventrella’s video recap.
And for a look at the triple-decker pigskin side dishes to go with your Thanksgiving day, there’s Jason La Canfora’s “Inside Slant” at NFL.com; John Czarnecki’s “Countdown to Kickoff” at FoxSports.com; and Clark Judge’s special “Peek” at this part of the week.

b.gif
lrxzn7jaubA

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom