• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 1:
Mike Sando at ESPN.com checks in with Matt Williams of Scouts Inc. his take on where the Seahawks stand. Says Williamson: “Their front seven is dynamite. That defensive line with Chris Clemons, Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant and that crew is good. They have a lot of pieces in place on defense. Earl Thomas is the real deal — explosive, fast. He is noted Ed Reed, but that is the comparison, a true free safety who covers a ton of ground. Kam Chancellor is almost a linebacker. He’s a playmaker, a hitter, an Adrian Wilson type. The two of them complement each other well. They have had a revolving door at linebacker with injuries and the Aaron Curry situation, but they will get that worked out. David Hawthorne is a very good player once he gets healthy. They are a No. 1 corner away on defense.”
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at Mike Williams, who did not catch a pass in last week’s game. Offers O’Neil: “Mike Williams makes a poor diva. He lacks the necessary volume. At least he did as he nearly whispered his way through an interview earlier this week, sitting in his locker with his voice cranked down so low you had to crane your neck to hear him. And when asked about his lack of opportunities in the passing game, he did his best to douse any fumes of discontent after he didn’t have a single catch in the game last weekend. ‘I don’t want my lack of targets to be a distraction for us, especially as an offense. I feel like we’re heading into the right direction. Last week, we were kind of finding our groove, finding our personnel.’ ”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune focuses on the return of Michael Robinson, the fullback and special teams co-captain who has been out since spraining an ankle in the season opener. Says Williams: “Out for two weeks with an ankle injury, Seattle Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson got to dissect his team’s offensive attack. And what did he find out? ‘What I did learn is, first and foremost, the 12th man gets us going,’ Robinson said. ‘But we’ve got to come out early, start fast. We can’t wait until the second quarter, third quarter to get going. We’ve got to be the ones who initiate it and set the tempo. And not rely on the other team to do that.’ ”
Christian Caple at PI.com has the injury updates from coach Pete Carroll after Friday’s practice. Says Caple: “Safety Kam Chancellor didn’t practice this week and is listed as doubtful to play with a deep thigh bruise. Chancellor bruised the thigh in Sunday’s game, though still managed to make a crucial interception late in the game that helped the Seahawks seal a 13-10 win. Atari Bigby would start in Chancellor’s place if he is unable to play.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we’ve got a look at why most of the players will be wearing pink for a purpose in Sunday’s game against the Falcons. Defensive end Raheem Brock had this to say about October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month: “This is just one way to show my support, so we’ll be rockin’ all the pink.”
In our “Hawkville” report, we’ve also got an analysis of Thomas and Chancellor from John Lynch, the former nine-time Pro Bowl safety who will be the analyst for Sunday’s game on Fox. Says Lynch: “I really think at that position, you can change a game because you’re asked to do so many things. At times, you’re rushing the quarterback. At times, you’re down as another linebacker. At times, you’re covering a receiver. So you can have a huge impact. Particularly when you have two, and they don’t know which one’s doing it. And they complement each other extremely well. I’m real high on them.” There’s also Tony Ventrella’s video recap of practice.

b.gif
QUa_svidAJk

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom