• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Sept. 10:
At the Everett Herald, Scott Johnson continues his “The Game of My Life” series with a look at Kenny Easley’s performance in the upset of the Dolphins in 1983 that got the Seahawks to the AFC Championship game. Says Easley: “It wasn’t a memorable game in that I did anything particularly special in it. In fact, looking at film, I didn’t play particularly well. But the win over the Miami Dolphins in an AFC divisional playoff game was the most memorable game of my career.”
Also at the Herald, John Boyle wraps up his four-part series previewing the 2011 season with a look at the NFC West. Boyle on the Seahawks: “This looks like a team with a bright future, but it could be a challenge for the Seahawks to play well right away. A tough schedule early will only make the growing pains more difficult for a young offensive line and new quarterback. But if the Seahawks can be near .500 at the halfway point of the season, they could contend for a second straight division title in what should again be a down NFC West.”
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times has the injury rundown, with wide receiver Sidney Rice and left guard Robert Gallery listed as doubtful for Sunday’s opener against the 49ers. With Gallery not likely to play, the young offensive line only gets younger. Says coach Pete Carroll: “We’re just young. That’s what it is. I’m thrilled about that. In one way to look at it, if these guys can go out there and play NFL football this early and if we can hold up and start growing, we’re going to get way better.”
Eric Williams of the News Tribune also looks at the line shuffle with Gallery hobbled, which has right tackle James Carpenter moving to left guard and Breno Giacomini stepping in at right tackle. Says Williams: “The more things change, the more things stay the same for the Seattle Seahawks. For the fourth consecutive year, the Seahawks will open the season with a different starting offensive line than the projected unit they had penciled in at the beginning of training camp.”
Christian Caple at PI.com also has the injury report, including this on Rice: “Then there’s Rice, who did some running at practice but also is a long-shot for Sunday. ‘He’s doubtful going into the game as well,’ Carroll said. ‘He ran around, caught balls and all that stuff. We need to protect him, take care of him, so likely he won’t play.’ ”
And speaking of injuries, Mike Sando at ESPN.com has a list of the players each team cannot afford to lose. His choices for the Seahawks: Red Bryant, Russell Okung and Chris Clemons. Sando on Bryant: “Opposing coaches tend to take special notice of Bryant’s massive frame when discussing the Seahawks’ defense. ‘He weighs around 330 and looks every bit of it,’ 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman said this week. It’s an exaggeration to say the Seahawks go from very strong against the run to utterly helpless when Bryant isn’t available. It’s only a slight exaggeration, however. Bryant combines surprising quickness over short distances with sheer size to make running against Seattle difficult. The run defense collapsed without him in 2010.”
Sando also has “The Final Word” on the division heading into the opening weekend. One is a look at “The world’s tallest cornerback”: “Seahawks coach Pete Carroll emerged from the laboratory this offseason with something I cannot recall seeing at any level of football: a 6-foot-4 cornerback. Brandon Browner, late of the CFL, is expected to make his first NFL start against San Francisco. Seeing him lined up at corner takes some getting used to. Early in camp, teammates initially thought he was a safety and Carroll was testing out some weird new scheme. ‘When they said he was a corner, I thought maybe now they wanted to go with a ‘created’ player,’ receiver Ben Obomanu said. ‘I have a little cousin who plays NCAA and Madden football. He always creates these 6-7, 6-6 corners. I was like, ‘Well, coach Carroll is trying something new.’ But when I saw him play, I could see he has been playing corner a long time.’ Browner is a player to watch in Week 1.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we remember 9/11 through the memories of Raheem Brock, Marcus Trufant, David Hawthorne and Carl Smith. Says Brock, who was a student at Temple University on that day which lives in infamy: “It looked crazy, like you’d never think you’d see anything like that. It was a tough time.” We’ve also got Friday’s practice covered in words and video, and yes, there’s plenty of info about the injured players and who likely will replace them.

b.gif
R8QCTPQdE1o

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom