• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cougs Move ALL whOregone Games to Qwest

S

Seattlehawk94

The Cougs are going to be playing all games vs OSU and U of hO games at Qwest starting this year...

With the Apple Cup also coming to Qwest and the Fuskies moving for one year to Qwest if you have Hawks season tickets you will be getting mailers with reserved seating if you choose to buy them for those games...

I'm kinda stoked, love the Coug games at Qwest because I can save the Speeding Ticket money I rack up in Colfax for beer...lol

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Still sucks they took away beer from NCAA games. But I guess it makes it more family oriented. Good move none the less.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Only at bowl games and on campus stadiums....They will be able to serve beer at Qwest for Fuskie and Cougs games....And the Wells Fargo Club will be selling the hard stuff just like at Seahawks games..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Not even bowl games 94' at the Holiday bowl they served beer($9 plus tip so $10) which made the game much more enjoyable. You had a great atmosphere at the bowl game.

I think it's a bad idea for the Cougs. You'll have more Beavers and Ducks fans able to make the game. I know what Moos is doing it's basic math trying to generate more money, more exposure in Seattle for recruits, etc.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

No, it's a great idea....There are a TON of Cougs fans like me who hate that drive every year and they'll have a larger crowd than Martin Stadium hold just from Cougs fans...Figure it's 38,000 in Martin, you'll get at least 40,000 Cougfans at Qwest..Sure there will be a large opponent crowd but...For the Ducks they outnumbered us at Martin so it's not a huge deal in that way...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

So you and two other Fuskies? LOL

Most Fuskies don't have brains enough to think like that...

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yes because Seattle is so wonderful....At gangs, drugs, shootings, panhandlers, phoney people, and many other fun things you get in a big city that looks down it's nose at waste of space small towns....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yep. There are downsides to living in a city. But they in no way outnumber the benefits for me.

And besides, being a small town and being a waste of space are two different things. There are lots of really spectacular small towns in the northwest. Pullman is not one of them. Pullman is a waste of space.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattle has a really low crime rate. Lower than Spokane, Tacoma and Portland. Seattle is a beautiful city with a lot more to do.

@ 94, trust me most Husky fans hate the ducks. We don't hate the Cougs. You guys are the ones obsessed with the Dawgs.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;54521 said:
Yep. There are downsides to living in a city. But they in no way outnumber the benefits for me.

And besides, being a small town and being a waste of space are two different things. There are lots of really spectacular small towns in the northwest. Pullman is not one of them. Pullman is a waste of space.

I love Pullman...It's friendly and feels like a college town should...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54540 said:
I love Pullman...It's friendly and feels like a college town should...

That's how I feel about Ellensburg. Minus the wind which I never got used to I loved my time in Ellensburg. Had a nice college feel to it.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

I love E-Burg, used to spend every weekend there for a couple of years...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Did my time in Eburg and got out. I liked it for what it is: a college town. And I guess in that view, Pullman is fine. But I got bored a lot in Eburg.

Back to the original subject, I still think it sucks that the students at WSU get a game taken away (I suppose there is potential for two, but I would hope the Pac-10, er 12, would schedule one Oregon team at home and the other away so WSU students don't lose out on TWO games in a single year.)

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, that's how it works every year, play the Ducks at home and Beavers on the road or vise versa..

Top Bottom