• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BCS National Championship Thread

Who will win the BCS national championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I thought the game sucked. I didn't think Oregon got even close to its fast paced offense. I didn't pay close enough attention to figure out whether they just didn't execute it well, or if Auburn stymied it early. I want to say it was the first because I think having a whole month off would hurt that kind of an offense more than Auburn really having that good of a defense. But I dunno...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53525 said:
Even Fuskiefans have to shut up because you actually PLAYED for a National Title rather than begged voters for a share...

Weak jab. There was no opportunity for the Huskies to play Miami. I'm sure everyone would have preferred it be settled on the field. After all, most, if not all, sports historians agree that UW was the better team.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;53536 said:
Weak jab. There was no opportunity for the Huskies to play Miami. I'm sure everyone would have preferred it be settled on the field. After all, most, if not all, sports historians agree that UW was the better team.

SI polled voters and did some sims that season and they had Miami winning 20-17....Maybe being so far out in hindsight they changed but when it happened (see: before Gino was an NFL bust and The Rock was just The Pebble) they had the 'Canes taking that game.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Regardless of sims, or sports historians, the point was UW and Miami were not allowed to play the game. It was not like Husky fans opted not to play it out.

The closest was that UW played Miami (in Miami mind you) the next fall and won the game. But that does not bring much closure because players had gone on to the NFL and new players had come into the program (not to mention any coaching changes).

Reaction score
Not making excuses for last night. Our offense did not execute. They had plenty of oppurtunities. Thomas made some clutch throws, but also made a few costly mistakes. Our D didn't play flawlessly but held Auburn to 20 points (not counting the safety). They forced 2 turn overs, inlcuding the cluth Newton fumble forced by Matthews to set up the game tying drive. Like I said our offense fell flat on their ass. They had the ball in the red zone several times and turned the ball over on downs or interceptions.

Really sucks. We were so close. I do think the 5 week lay off really hurt us. We were obviously the less physical and talented team, but our scheme was what gave us any advantage. Auburn had 5 weeks to prepare for it and they were ready for everything we tried to throw at them. I know it doesn't mean anything but I think we would've had a better chance had there only been a week off between games.

Oh well, I still have my Hawks.

Lets go into Chicago and SMASH on that dick licker Cutler!! GO HAWKS!!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
They need to do something about pushing this game back to the 10th of January. That layoff is just to long. Our offense was out of sync from the beginning of the night.

I hope Thomas learns from this experience, he seemed to be overwhelmed at times. I suppose that is what happens with a young QB.

Other thoughts - Should have kicked the field goal on 4th and goal from the 1. I know hind sight is 20/20, but I would have liked to get some points on that. Can't 100% fault Chip though, he was going for the win, just my opinion.

STOP LINING UP IN THE SHOTGUN ON 4th AND GOAL! If you are going to run the QB sneak, you might as well do it from under center instead of 4 yards off the ball.

Top Bottom