• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 Salary Cap

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
The last time I looked the Seahawks had about 5 million to work with this off season. Does anyone have a link to 2009 seahawks Salary cap status and the team payroll. I would like to take a look at where they can save money next year.

I do know that J.P and Matthew are two players that would bring the hawks about 16 Million in space if we were to trade or cut them! I dont see matthew going because he is the face of the Hawks, and I love J.P, but trading him for a draft pick or two, or to a team that has a tall, strong CB could be very helpfull.

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
The last time I looked the Seahawks had about 5 million to work with this off season. Does anyone have a link to 2009 seahawks Salary cap status and the team payroll. I would like to take a look at where they can save money next year.

I do know that J.P and Matthew are two players that would bring the hawks about 16 Million in space if we were to trade or cut them! I dont see matthew going because he is the face of the Hawks, and I love J.P, but trading him for a draft pick or two, or to a team that has a tall, strong CB could be very helpfull.

Good corners are probably worth more than JP

Reaction score
Tenn has the most room and underachieved in the playoffs and AZ backs in and has by far the least amount of cap space.

Reaction score
Keep in mind it looks like no salary cap in the future. If Seattle is smart they sign people with less money in the begining and have it build up in the future.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Keep in mind it looks like no salary cap in the future. If Seattle is smart they sign people with less money in the begining and have it build up in the future.
I think that's good to get rid of the salary cap in the NFL, but maybe the MLB should consider it. The reason for Salary Caps is to keep teams from buying up all the talent, just like the Yankees are doing right now, but I don't think the NFL will be the same, especially with players more devoted to their teams and a lot less Free Agent activity.

Reaction score
I'm for the Salary Cap in every sport. I love baseball and I'm a Yankee fan, but I think the salary cap makes it more competition. I do think in baseball though the Yanks haven't won in years so they spending isn't doing much. Football I want it to stick around. It's the reason every year is so unpredicitable.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
I think that's good to get rid of the salary cap in the NFL, but maybe the MLB should consider it. The reason for Salary Caps is to keep teams from buying up all the talent, just like the Yankees are doing right now, but I don't think the NFL will be the same, especially with players more devoted to their teams and a lot less Free Agent activity.
phaZe, do hit your self in the head with a hammer before you post? Are you at all familiar with this game? Every time I read one of your posts and see that stupid picture of lame ass lil Wayne I feel like this forum has been polluted with your retardation.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
phaZe said:
Hawk096 said:
phaZe, do hit your self in the head with a hammer before you post? Are you at all familiar with this game? Every time I read one of your posts and see that stupid picture of lame ass lil Wayne I feel like this forum has been polluted with your retardation.

Yeah lil wayne is a no talent retard...

Top Bottom