• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tweet I got from Lombardi

Reaction score
I heard Michael Lombardi say on NFLTA this past weekend that the Hawks are about to make a bunch of moves in FA. Well, it's Thursday and.... NOTHING! So I tweeted him late last night, and here's his reply:

michaelombardi @iPotts they are working on a few things...if they gain a third, they will sign Charlie Whitehurst..

OOOOOHHH! That's some big splash! Charlie freakin' Whitehurst. Backed up Rivers in SD, never had playing time.

What do you guys think about this?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I liked Charlie Whitehurst at Clemson. I was at the triple OT game against Miami in 2005 (when Miami was still good). Fun to watch. No idea how that translates into how good a QB he would be in the NFL. My question would be, is this just as another back up? Or as a potential successor to Hasselbeck?

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont know what the hell they are waiting for. So far the big move has been a 7th rd pick for seneca.

Really? Thats it? They do know they can bring people in and sign them right?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak;46003 said:
I dont know what the hell they are waiting for. So far the big move has been a 7th rd pick for seneca.

Really? Thats it? They do know they can bring people in and sign them right?

Not making a big splash in free agency isn't a bad thing. Did you not learn anything from the Ruskell era?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think that alot of teams excersized tenders on players with the hopes that they will aquire offers w/ draft picks. I think when the market eases up a little bit and some of these players get released or marketed there will be more movement and thats where we jump in...

Remember the movie trading places... Eddie Murphy and Dan Akroyd wait till the market is ripe..... then BUY BUY BUY!

Anyways please feel free to correct me on proper use of tenders, that is my best inturrpretation of how it works.s

Reaction score
Maybe finally the Teams FO is doing things right by building thru YOUTH(draft) to win over the long term not a 1 yr blip?

Reaction score
IMO depth on this team should be done via FA.
The only guy I wanted as a starter Dunta Robinson is now a Falcon.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46008 said:
Maybe finally the Teams FO is doing things right by building thru YOUTH(draft) to win over the long term not a 1 yr blip?

Agreed. I think the Hawks are being smart about all their moves and not just throwing money around like "da bears"... even with all the high profile FA's they got... I predict an 8-8 season at best.

Just cause they aren't signing guys left and right, doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff. And like Wag says, seems like they are more geared to rebuild the team through the draft with young talent instead of over paying washed up old guys past their prime... Marshall is an exception to this because he is young, and in the meat of his prime.

Considering Carrols and Schneiders background, I really do believe that it the route they are going.

McNabb is a douche bag, he may have some talent, but when it comes to games that matter he SUCKS giant balls... like againts the cowboys in the playoffs just last year and every other playoff game that matters. And don't quote me on this but statistically he probably throws the most balls at the ground under pressure of all QB's currently in the league.

Reaction score
As I said before the current CBA dilemma will scare teams. Right now teams don't know what the future holds for after 2010 season. It's possible there is a lockout come 2011 and as an owner do you want to commit to a player long-term financially with that possibility? It's been quite quiet in the NFLs Free Agency other than the Bears no big name players have been signed. A lot of back-up guys being signed and even players losing jobs.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i still wouldve liked to get jamal williams, hes a really good dt. and thomas jones wouldve been a very nice addition especially for only 2.5 mil a year very cheap for how talented he is

Top Bottom