• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Superbowl Pickwatch

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
On the other hand, a Seahawks win might not be such a bad thing after all. Can't let the Superbowl winning QB stay with his poverty stricken rookie contract after all, can we? Russell Wilson, being the elite QB that he is, deserves a monster extension. Give him something like Flacco got. Dude should be PAID. :sneaky:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
On the other hand, a Seahawks win might not be such a bad thing after all. Can't let the Superbowl winning QB stay with his poverty stricken rookie contract after all, can we? Russell Wilson, being the elite QB that he is, deserves a monster extension. Give him something like Flacco got. Dude should be PAID. :sneaky:

;)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score

That's a good fallback plan for your painful offseason...nice. ;)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Works for me. I think Russell deserves 25, 30 mil per year. No incentives necessary for Russ. :sneaky:

He's already stated that money does not motivate him. If it did he could have made a million at 18 signing a contract. He wants to be the best. He won't be bargain basement cheap, but he's not buying Lamborghini's and drinking his money away.

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
He's already stated that money does not motivate him. If it did he could have made a million at 18 signing a contract. He wants to be the best. He won't be bargain basement cheap, but he's not buying Lamborghini's and drinking his money away.
Baseball? He wanted to play football, and didn't make the mistake of letting money get in the way of what he wanted to do. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about money, or that his agent won't get him the best deal he can.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Baseball? He wanted to play football, and didn't make the mistake of letting money get in the way of what he wanted to do. That doesn't mean he doesn't care about money, or that his agent won't get him the best deal he can.

It's his statement...now you know what he thinks? He wants championships. That's what drives him.

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It's his statement...now you know what he thinks? He wants championships. That's what drives him.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-wilson-i-didnt-ask-seahawks-for-new-contract

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday that a representative from Wilson's camp contacted the team, "insisting that something had to be done to adjust the bargain rookie contract for the third-round quarterback."

The Seahawks reminded the rep that rookie wage rules housed in the collective bargaining agreement forbid them from restructuring Wilson's contract until after the third year.

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
"Wilson insists he had nothing to do with the call. The young quarterback told Peter King: "I speak for myself. I never demanded or asked for a restructured contract."

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove?
Well, ok, so you're saying you believe him. Nothing wrong with that.

By the way, I own this bridge over Puget Sound that I have been looking to unload, it's one of those things where I have to sell fast, so I could let you have it at a great price..................:D

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It's a waste of time discussing anything with you. If you hear it or see it, then it's untrue?

Worry about your mega-signing of a colossal flop who's going to be ruined by Harbaugh. I can't wait!

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
It's a waste of time discussing anything with you. If you hear it or see it, then it's untrue?

Worry about your mega-signing of a colossal flop who's going to be ruined by Harbaugh. I can't wait!
I am simply making the point that most people, especially people who are driven and successful like Wilson, do in fact care about money, and it does affect their decision making to some degree at least. So, you may want to take a statement such as "I am not motivated by money" with a grain of salt. Or not, your decision, take everything he says at face value if you like.

That bridge won't last long, by the way.....................:tup:

Top Bottom