• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seriosly?

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
We just advanced the Super Bowl in epic fashion and no one has anything to say about it.

I was at the game, was really pissed off for the first 55 minutes of it. The all of a sudden it turned into the greatest game that I've ever been too. The stadium went absolutely nuts after Marshawn scored to take the lead, then again when Wilson hit Kearse for the game winner. So glad I wasn't one of the sorry saps that headed to their cars early and missed that finish. Hopefully we can get the repeat in a couple weeks.

GO HAWKS!!!

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Sadly my job sent me on a trip Sunday. Missed all of the game essentially. Saw the 'field goal' and that was exciting. But then it seemed like nothing was happening. As my 2nd flight took off I saw 19-14 on someones smartphone (mine was dead of course). Spend that last 90 minute flight wondering of all the possible outcomes.

When we landed it didn't take long to hear we won 28-22. My wife told me mostly the HOW, still pretty unbelieveable. Watching the replay now.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Before finishing a replay my thoughts all day was 'I hate day games in the playoffs because we play so much better under the lights.'

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks 'won' is more like the Packers lost. Thoroughly shitty game by the Seahawks. The absolute worst was the lollipop floater for the 2 point conversion that was apparently so ridiculous it mesmerized the Packers DBs. Only in overtime did the Seahawks offense look as if they were playing as they should. The biggest piece of pure luck the Seahawks had was winning the coin toss in overtime otherwise the Packers advance. Rah rah Petey better get into a lot of faces the next two weeks because that sad sack of shit effort against a gimpy QB and a HC that leaves 8 early points off the scoreboard won't cut it against the Patriots. Should be big money on the Patriots after that sad effort. Probably the best opportunity to make some coin in Vegas on the Seahawks with any mad money you have lying around.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Dummy, the line for the SB is even ! Seahawks were off to say the least. The weather was way worse then it looked on TV And what you saw was a result of the ball being soaked and slick . Anyone that knows the Seahawks knows that was a fluke and is not going to happen inside the big toaster in Arizona.

Wilson out gained Rodgers in passing and Lynch tore it up when he needed to , other then the turn overs it looked like a Seahawks game to me . The defense basically shut GB down in the second half and the offense struck with big plays when they had to ! A win like this ...can't coach what this does for a team .

We want the ball and we did score !

I enjoyed the packers celebrating after that int , like they had it all locked up . Lol the extended shot of Clay Matthews high 5 ing The coaches ......dIdnt see that coming did he !

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks 'won' is more like the Packers lost. Thoroughly shitty game by the Seahawks. The absolute worst was the lollipop floater for the 2 point conversion that was apparently so ridiculous it mesmerized the Packers DBs. Only in overtime did the Seahawks offense look as if they were playing as they should. The biggest piece of pure luck the Seahawks had was winning the coin toss in overtime otherwise the Packers advance. Rah rah Petey better get into a lot of faces the next two weeks because that sad sack of shit effort against a gimpy QB and a HC that leaves 8 early points off the scoreboard won't cut it against the Patriots. Should be big money on the Patriots after that sad effort. Probably the best opportunity to make some coin in Vegas on the Seahawks with any mad money you have lying around.
The end of that game boiled down to the football gods setting things to rights. The first 55 minutes boiled down to the superior team getting their butts kicked, which happens sometimes. It would have sucked to have it all end on one stinker game which you know is normally far beneath them. The Packers had their chances to seal it but on the flipside you can't take anything away from the Seahawks for executing that comeback. They showed a resiliency and a championship element that only championship teams have. Wilson played the worst game of his career for 55 minutes too and then flicked the switch. Those 55 minutes pretty much sums up why the uninitiated don't think Wilson's a good QB. The final 3:30 in regulation and the OT shows why Wilson's one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league. Not to take anything away from Lynch, who was the one guy who turned the tide in this game.
And as far as GB advancing if they had won the toss? Not a chance. Once the Seahawks buried that crap performance and took the lead there was no way they were giving it up. And overall, Rodgers only had 180 passing yards, a TD and two picks. And Lacy was a non-factor in the entire 2nd half. No way they would have gotten a TD on the opening possession.

Oh, and as far as big money going on the Patriots go? The opening line today was the Pats -2.5 and it's been wagered down to a pick 'em, which is where it stands right now. You can bet the Seahawks won't be playing like that again. They had one in their system, they got it out of their system, and the Super Bowl is a whole different deal. The people putting money down on the game realize that fact.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The one thing that teams fail at time and time again against this Seahawk team. In order to beat them you GOTTA BRING IT FOR 60 MINUTES!! Not 55, or 30, or 59:59. This team never quits. This team lost most of the battles but they won the war.
Whoever wants to put their money on the Patriots, go ahead. Same people who put their money on Denver last year. But you know the old saying about a sucker and his money.
This Seahawk team will do it again.
Sea!! HAWKS!! Bring the hardware back home!!

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Well Dummy, the line for the SB is even ! Seahawks were off to say the least. The weather was way worse then it looked on TV And what you saw was a result of the ball being soaked and slick . Anyone that knows the Seahawks knows that was a fluke and is not going to happen inside the big toaster in Arizona.

Wilson out gained Rodgers in passing and Lynch tore it up when he needed to , other then the turn overs it looked like a Seahawks game to me . The defense basically shut GB down in the second half and the offense struck with big plays when they had to ! A win like this ...can't coach what this does for a team .

We want the ball and we did score !

I enjoyed the packers celebrating after that int , like they had it all locked up . Lol the extended shot of Clay Matthews high 5 ing The coaches ......dIdnt see that coming did he !

Well winning a playoff game while turning the ball over as many times as the Seahawks did is LUCKY.

GB wasn't shut down in the 2nd half by the Seahawks as the gimpy Rodgers was completing passes for first downs practically at will. It was the inexplicable play calling by a moron HC with pee soaked undies that should be explained.

Odd you didn't mention 7 points on a fake field goal. I'm always told around here that such play is one of desperation by an inferior team!:laugh:

Get ready to play a real away game because Phoenix is already crawling with the NE types.

That Vegas line won't stay even for long. Wait and get better odds for the Seahawks.

Sherman getting whacked by his own teammate, priceless and proved there is something that will shut his big mouth. Soup, anyone?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The end of that game boiled down to the football gods setting things to rights. The first 55 minutes boiled down to the superior team getting their butts kicked, which happens sometimes. It would have sucked to have it all end on one stinker game which you know is normally far beneath them. The Packers had their chances to seal it but on the flipside you can't take anything away from the Seahawks for executing that comeback. They showed a resiliency and a championship element that only championship teams have. Wilson played the worst game of his career for 55 minutes too and then flicked the switch. Those 55 minutes pretty much sums up why the uninitiated don't think Wilson's a good QB. The final 3:30 in regulation and the OT shows why Wilson's one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league. Not to take anything away from Lynch, who was the one guy who turned the tide in this game.
And as far as GB advancing if they had won the toss? Not a chance. Once the Seahawks buried that crap performance and took the lead there was no way they were giving it up. And overall, Rodgers only had 180 passing yards, a TD and two picks. And Lacy was a non-factor in the entire 2nd half. No way they would have gotten a TD on the opening possession.

Oh, and as far as big money going on the Patriots go? The opening line today was the Pats -2.5 and it's been wagered down to a pick 'em, which is where it stands right now. You can bet the Seahawks won't be playing like that again. They had one in their system, they got it out of their system, and the Super Bowl is a whole different deal. The people putting money down on the game realize that fact.

As I told spud Rodgers was never shut down passing. It was the play calling by McCarthy in the 2nd half that remains inexplicable.

I'll grant you the comeback was legit. However GB was more than capable of scoring a TD on their first possession. Great teams don't play like shit for 55 minutes in a playoff game at home.

Idahawk

Reaction score
No it won't. Locally Seahawks are hated and Boston fans travel far better than Seahawks fans.

Is that why last year in NY , it was dominated by Seahawks Fans on the east coast , lol . California right next door is full of Seahawks fans , then you factor in the entire NW .....Zona fans won't root for the AFC are you nuts , lol

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
No it won't. Locally Seahawks are hated and Boston fans travel far better than Seahawks fans.
Hasn't been that way the last few years. No team's fans have travelled better than the 12s.
No team travels "far better" than Seahawk fans. There's no such thing right now. But even if it was, it wouldn't matter. The whole stupid "Seahawks suck on the road" BS left the station back in 2012. From the 2nd half of 2012 on there hasn't been a better road team in the league than the Seahawks. And this being a neutral field, it really doesn't apply anyway. The reason all those dumbass football fans are still stuck on that misconception is because the Seahawks aren't as good on the road as they are at home. Well, when you think about it though, NO team is as good on the road as the Seahawks are at home. There's a bigger disparity there, but the disparity lies not because they are bad on the road, it's because they are that good at home.
That's the reason everyone thought the Seahawks wouldn't have a chance in last year's Super Bowl. They aren't playing at home so they will suck. This team loves blowing misconceptions like that out of the water.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Is that why last year in NY , it was dominated by Seahawks Fans on the east coast , lol . California right next door is full of Seahawks fans , then you factor in the entire NW .....Zona fans won't root for the AFC are you nuts , lol

No you are nuts.:roflmao:

Top Bottom