• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
That 7th round draft pick they gave up is the last pick of the draft. Since the player they normally would have picked will probably still be available when the draft is over, the Seahawks in effect gave up absolutely nothing for him.

Good chance Pryor gets cut in preseason but there's that small chance the Hawks could salvage his career. One thing's for sure, they wouldn't get anyone with Pryor's athletic ability with that 7th round pick they gave up. If the Hawks could ever find a place for him that fits and utilizes his physical talents, that would just rock the house down.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
How about the idea of running the option with two QBs on the field, both of whom can either run the ball or throw it? That would require Pryor lining up as a RB or WR but it would be an unusual situation and potentially effective at the same time.

Last edited:
OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's being reported Pryor will stay at the QB position for the Seahawks .

If Pryor was smart he'd give up the QB dream and use his talent at WR , I doubt he will , but he should take a long hard look at Tebow and decide if he wants a paycheck or if he wants to sit and wait or end up in Canada .

If this is simply trade bait , that's ok too , the Seahawks are in a position to gamble and Pryor is a rare athlete that could bring some value if he can beat out TJac for the #2 position . Come mid season he could have some real value in a trade .

Esto Perpetua

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
T-Jac and Pryor will make more money then Wilson next year , it doesn't seem fair but I think the rookie salary cap has helped far more then it's hurt .

Sherman is going to get his and so will Wilson , at least we know what we're paying for , money well spent .

Esto Perpetua

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Maybe they let him compete for QB then offer him a WR position?

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
It's pretty evident he's effective when running with the ball. Haven't seen yet how he does running without the ball. If he could ever learn how to run routes effectively he'd be a matchup nightmare but that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. Not only route running but hand technique, concentration, all those things he'll have to develop to ever be an effective WR.

If he makes the team realistically it'll either be as a backup QB or to play a kind of 'Joker' role, at least at first. No telling yet if he's even willing to commit to a position switch.But I agree it might just salvage his career if he does.

Knowing Pete though, I think this was a move with Pryor's freak athletic ability in mind. He wants to experiment with him and see how he can utilize it in unconventional ways, like the two QB variation of the option or something unusual like that.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Run that sweep play they did to harvin in the superbowl with pryor lined up as the wr. Pryor runs towards percy, percy tosses it to pryor on a reverse with an option to run or throw it deep. I wanna see that.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Run that sweep play they did to harvin in the superbowl with pryor lined up as the wr. Pryor runs towards percy, percy tosses it to pryor on a reverse with an option to run or throw it deep. I wanna see that.

And throw it to a streaking Russell Wilson down the sideline, something out of the old Jack Patera book. I'll bet they wouldn't be expecting that:D

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
fake all that and then run Beast mode up the gut! Smash mouth football! :ninja:

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
fake all that and then run Beast mode up the gut! Smash mouth football! :ninja:
Theres so much you can do with if. Hand it off to beast mode, percy doesnt toss it to pryor, he does toss it to pryor, or rw play action on all of it.

Top Bottom