• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks interested in... *gulp* T.O.

Reaction score
Seahawks among teams to express preliminary interest in T.O.

By Steve Wyche | NFL.com

Senior Writer

Several teams, including the Seattle Seahawks, have made exploratory phone calls about free-agent wide receiver Terrell Owens, a source with knowledge of the situation said Wednesday.

The nature of all the calls, which came at different points of the offseason, have been very preliminary. The Seahawks' interest -- it wasn't mentioned when their call or calls were made -- was described as such.

The Seahawks, who at one point explored acquiring Brandon Marshall from the Denver Broncos, could be out of the wide receiver market after selecting Notre Dame's Golden Tate in the second round of last month's draft.

The nature of interest in Owens, who caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns with the Buffalo Bills last season, remains limited as a handful of teams have ruled out signing him. He's expected to find work at some point, though.

Owens, 36, ranks third on the NFL's all-time list in receiving yards (14,951) and touchdowns (144), and he's sixth in catches (1,006). He started his career with the San Francisco 49ers (1996-2003), then played for the Philadelphia Eagles (2004-05) and Dallas Cowboys (2006-08) before joining the Bills last season.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :prayer: :sick: :russian_roulette: :suicide2: :cry: :nono: :stop: :no2: :pissed: :harvey:

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude was top 5 in every receiving category last year. I'm not sure why the Bills didn't resign him. I never heard of any drama coming out of Buffalo.

If he signs, though, I think Branch is gone. Especially with Mike Williams allegedly continuing to impress.

Reaction score
Number 18;48450 said:
Dude was top 5 in every receiving category last year. I'm not sure why the Bills didn't resign him. I never heard of any drama coming out of Buffalo.

hope that was sarcasm
because 33rd in rec yards isn't top 5 :nhl3:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sharpie incident dudes... he burned this bridge.
I will boo every time T.O. is mentioned.

That said, P.C. does like tall athletic recievers.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im a little on the fence about this. Seems like hes still got talent...but still got mental problems...hmmm....what to do?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Been hoping we would reach out to him. He stayed quiet for the most part in Buffalo, and with being on a team that shitty with no coach not even half way into the season I am surprised anyone could put up the numbers he had.

Hate him or love him TO live for football and busts his ass to be in top shape. I would welcome him and love to see branch tossed.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
He has one year MAYBE two left in him and I don't see us making a super bowl run this year so I don't understand the interest.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I say why the hell not? I don't like him either but in case you guys haven't watched the Seahawks much, we are terrible at WR! Picture it, Housh, M. Williams, T.O, and Tate. That would be nice...and nobody can deny it either.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I can understand wanting Marshall, he's young and one of the best receivers in the league. T.O. is on the downside of his career and doesn't have much left in the tank, if we aren't going to make a deep playoff run I see no reason to bring in a guy who has a record of dividing his team and creating drama and a media circus.

Reaction score
I really don't see the need or room for T.O. on this team. The hawks are paying Housh top receiver $, Tate has the potential to become an immediate impact player, Mike Williams is showing promise of making a comeback, Butler should improve in his sophomore season and should see more playing time. Then there is still Branch, who I am still hoping gets traded or cut, and dark horse Reggie, haven't heard much about him recently, but the guy is undeniably talented.

So where would T.O. fit in this?

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind bringing in TO. Seems like he knows that if he pulls the shit he's done in the past he won't have a job anywhere and he'd probably be pretty cheap. If we can put together a trade to get rid of Housh and Branch for a DE (probably wishful thinking, but I was thinking maybe Aaron Schobel) I'd say that would be a drastic improvement.

Seahawkfan4life

Huddler
Reaction score
Well TO could come at a reasonable price and could allow our younger quicker recievers to get open. He may me older but he will still get double teamed from time to time. I don't see hoe a 1 year deal could hurt the team. After playing for one of the worst run franchises in the league I think he would relish this opprotunity.

Top Bottom