• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEAHAWKS 2011 DRAFT - Rnd 1, Pick 25: James Carpenter, OL, Alabama

Reaction score
2495134.jpg

James Carpenter (OT)
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 321 lbs.
Arm Length: 34 in.
Hand Size: 9 3/4 in.
College: Alabama
Conference: SEC

OVERVIEW
Carpenter has a chance to end up as a starter and certainly has the ability to provide valuable depth as a backup. Looks the part of an NFL left tackle with his great size and frame. At this stage, Carpenter grades out as a good pass blocker but just adequate in the running game. His game could benefit from some improved awareness in blitz pickup. Would become more valuable as a run blocker with increased strength and power. Carpenter should hear his name called during the middle rounds of the 2011 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS
Carpenter is a highly-durable player who has been able to stay on the field during his career. Has the height and build you look for at the offensive tackle position. Does a good job in pass protection against the speed and bull rush. Possesses the athletic ability to get to the second level when run blocking.

WEAKNESSES
Can be beat by good counter moves in pass protection. Will occasionally struggle against defensive line stunts and elaborate blitz packages. Does not consistently drive defenders off the line of scrimmage in the downhill running game. Would benefit from playing with a little more fire.

PICK ANALYSIS
The Seahawks add a utility player to their offensive line with the selection of Carpenter. He can play immediately at right tackle or slide inside to play along the interior at guard. The team needed to fortify their frontline, and Carpenter gives them talent, toughness and versatility.

COMBINE STATS
40-Yard Dash: 5.28
Bench Reps: 23

HIGHLIGHTS

Player overview, strengths, weaknesses, pick analysis, stats, information and picture from NFL.com

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
He is a good OL...but that was a reach. I guess we will see. Not too thrilled by this pick.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
From what I've been hearing, he was expected to be a late 2nd. PC and Schneider must have liked him a lot.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I think this guy would have been there for us in the second round ?

Maybe. For now I am gonna trust our front offices scouting ability. If they had him rated above guys like Carimi and Sherrod then they must think very highly of him.

Reaction score
Maybe that too. But it seems more like a system thing... I'm curious to see how they decide to use Andrews and Carpenter as far as who plays Guard and who plays Tackle.

Reaction score
REEEEEAAAAACCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I like going OL... even though could've had Jimbo Smith there.

This guy looks like Devin Hester lol

Maybe he'll return punts too LOL

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Was anyone even more confused when they were showing Dalton on the TV? Where you more or less excited?

Reaction score
Soooo damn piiiisssed with this picked.....

I'd been happier with Jake Locker... that should tell you something.

Reaction score
WHHHHYYYYY didn't we pick Jimmy?!! We were like 30th in TDs allowed. Of course the Ravens get him!!! Now they got J Dub who they stole from us and jimbo Smith.

Reaction score
Dude, chill out. They tried all the way down to the wire to trade back. They couldn't so they picked the OL that they felt best fit their system.

Reaction score
Dude I ain't mad at them for not trading. Pissed they picked some fucking 2/3 round pick when they could've had a shut down corner.... HUGE FUCKING NEED BTW!!!

Top Bottom