• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Chiefs @ Seahawks - 11/28: LOSE 42 - 24

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a MUST win! (lol, I seem to be saying that a lot for our games) But really, we need to take this victory at home and continue to push for the #1 spot in our division. I am pretty sure the wild card is out the door at this point so this is our only option.

GO HAWKS!

Reaction score
guys that gotta go
Trufant and the other CB on the field.
Locklear
Tatupu don't give me the he is the Def QB crap he can't tackle and can't make plays..... (Hawthorne is better)
Curry not a top 20 pick on the field

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I keep hearing all this "Curry is a beast" bullshit. I couldnt disagree more.
Tatupu is playing like a bunny rabbit.
Hawthorne is the only one doing his goddamn job.
Our linebacking core used to be our strength...now we are slightly below average.

MISSED FUCKING TACKLES!!!

The past few weeks also has left me scratching my head with some of these offensive calls.

Reaction score
Lol the fade wasn't where the play was designed to go, the first option wasn't there. I agree Locklear needs to go and I've never been a huge Tatupu fan, but Curry is too young to give up on and Trufant clearly wasn't 100% today.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Going deep on 4th and inches, hate the call, and it this is not the first time.

Here are my WTF's for this game:

WTF are we doing with no FB?

WTF are we putting TE's at WO positions, and ones that cant catch?

WTF is up with the running game??

WTF is up with secondary, we have talent there, I think its scheme related.

WTF butler, you are out as the #2, depth chart should be: Williams, Obomanu, Stokely then Tate, Butler, as relievers.

I agree with you guys on the LB core, though I think Curry has been slowly improving.

Reaction score
The play call wasn't to go deep. We can't run the ball so they called a short pass but the route got jumped so Matt tried throwing up a jump ball to Tate.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I understand bob, he goes through his progressions, thing is I have seen that 3 times this year and its never worked.

Dial up something different, or yeah run the ball. IDK, 4th and inches, dont get fancy, just run it, or punt.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah I do have more faith in lynch picking up inches over that play. However I dont think the OC has any faith in it, and we that he puts too much faith in Matt and our WR's. I see a serious lack of commitment to the run game here.

Rushing
ATTYDSTDLGMarshawn Lynch 72006Justin Forsett 3204

Reaction score
Because the run game is terrible. Gibson was hurt yesterday and isn't very good to begin with, Andrews sucks at Guard, and Locklear just plain sucks. I would not mind seeing them switch Andrews to Tackle and Locklear to Guard just to see what we have in Andrews since Locklear is gone after this season.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man this was a rough game to watch. :( At least we are still in the playoff hunt, but dam we need to start winning some more games!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51954 said:
Because the run game is terrible. Gibson was hurt yesterday and isn't very good to begin with, Andrews sucks at Guard, and Locklear just plain sucks. I would not mind seeing them switch Andrews to Tackle and Locklear to Guard just to see what we have in Andrews since Locklear is gone after this season.

Yeah the line is bad, not aweful, but bad, but my point is why dont we have a god damn FB?
I mean I know "it is what it is, and we need to deal with it" but we got rid of schmidt, relied on one guy, its bitting us in the ass, its a lack of forethought IMO. This is NFL for pete's sake (pun intended) you need a lead blocker man, thats just common sense dont ya think?

Reaction score
Robinson isn't a great lead blocker, but he would help. The line is awful at run blocking, and they're SUPER inconsistant in pass pro.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;51956 said:
Yeah the line is bad, not aweful, but bad, but my point is why dont we have a god damn FB?
I mean I know "it is what it is, and we need to deal with it" but we got rid of schmidt, relied on one guy, its bitting us in the ass, its a lack of forethought IMO. This is NFL for pete's sake (pun intended) you need a lead blocker man, thats just common sense dont ya think?
Every offensive scheme is different. A lot of teams run single back sets instead of an I formation or offset fullback formation. I agree though, it would be nice to mix it up a little. You cant go I formation everytime you run the ball, but I wouldnt mind seeing that put into the gameplan somewhere along the line.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Just hit me in the head with a hammer over and over again. This game was terrible. We have 2 home losses now. We can't seem to win on the road, so we might be in for the season we all thought we were in for. Ugh...

Reaction score
Not defending the hawks for not having a healthy FB, but as dmarkholt pointed out, a lot of teams don't even use conventional FBs.

This game was horrible. What was worse is I could've watched them lose for free on my couch instead of losing my voice trying to help our worthless defense.

I hate making excuses due to injuries, but it's evident that our defense is horrible without Red and Cole. We were a top NFL run defense prior to those guys going down. Take away the Chiefs running game and this is a completely different game. Matt Cassel is not a good QB by all means, but when his running game is averaging 5.6 yards per carry any QB can make plays. Not to mention that a fucking retarded leemer named Kelly Jennings trying to cover his WR pretty much makes every play a gimmie.

Offensive play calling was stupid. We obviously can't run the ball (horrible run blocking). The last two games we've abondned it and just let Matt air it from the first play. This game we tried to establish the run first. Got nothing, ended up with 3rd and longs. Matt seemed to force passes and not go through his reads as well as he has in the past.

We are a long way from serious contention.

Positions to address in draft and FA:

OL
DE/DT (another pass rusher and big ass hybrid to spell Red)
LB (Curry would be ideal in a 3-4 imo, so we may need 2 more backers to replace him and Lofa)
CB (DUH)
QB (to groom up to be Matts replacement-Charlie is not the future)

BTW fans leaving at the beggining of the 4th quarter is really sad. I know their chances were getting slim, but come on now...

Top Bottom