• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Interesting fact

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
They were talking about the amount of calls for defensive holding on receivers. They said the refs were told to tighten up the calls because of Denver's complaints in the SB. Funny thing is the Seahawks didn't have one call against them in preseason for it. Sure saw allot of calls against teams they played in preseason though including Denver.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Unless I missed it, they weren't flagged with any illegal contact or defensive holds in the game tonight neither but they pretty much shut Rodgers down anyway. Is it a matter of the Seahawks doing a masterful job of adapting or were their perceived uncalled infractions last year blown out of proportion? Maybe a little of both.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Funny, they said on NFL channel last night that they had no calls during preseason for illegal contact on receivers. So where did you see one?

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Funny, they said on NFL channel last night that they had no calls during preseason for illegal contact on receivers. So where did you see one?

You said in your post "in the game tonight". I added it in my post.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
There was one PI call on Wagner...it was an obvious PI call, so I wouldn't say it counts as a new rule call.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
There was one PI call on Wagner...it was an obvious PI call, so I wouldn't say it counts as a new rule call.

Yeah. That was just an obvious PI call. That would have been called on anyone in any game in any year, regardless of any emphasis. Defensive holding and illegal contact beyond 5 are the two infractions relative to the new emphasis and the Hawks didn't get flagged for either one last night.

Top Bottom