• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GM interviews this week

Reaction score
From nfl.com:

Schneider, Ross will still interview with Seahawks
Posted: January 9th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Eric DeCosta, John Schneider, Marc Ross, Pat Kirwan, Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks, Tom Heckert

Green Bay director of football operations John Schneider, who had an interview in Seattle scheduled for next week prior to the team’s imminent deal with Pete Carroll, is still scheduled to interview for the team’s general manager vacancy next week. New York Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross, who similarly had an interview already scheduled, also remains on target to interview with the Seahawks next week.

Carroll is expected to land an executive title, in addition to coaching duties, and numerous coaches and executives around the league believe that longtime associate Pat Kirwan (who writes for NFL.com, among other media duties) would be unequivocally Carroll’s first choice to run player personnel for him.

Baltimore’s Eric DeCosta, a finalist for the Seattle GM job, withdrew from consideration earlier this week to stay with the Ravens, while another finalist — Philadelphia GM Tom Heckert — also withdrew from consideration with Seattle and will be announced as the GM in Cleveland, likely by early next week.

Ross and Schneider are both scheduled to interview by mid-week. It is conceivable that one could be hired as GM to work with Carroll, with Kirwan also involved in a position other than general manager.

Reaction score
DeCosta withdrew cause of the feeling that Carroll is going to get the position. Makes you wonder if Allen doesn't give Carroll full control if possibly DeCosta interviews now with us.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
szat said:
What happened to Pat Kirwan? He was in the mix too I thought.
That was suggested by someone on here, I forgot who though.

Suggested by me and Kirwan isn't going to be the GM. His role would be a lot like the position, but not the title. He would just have a say in the professional side. He still is going to come if Carroll does. Someone asked him on his radio show Friday and he replied "Pete is my boy him and I are a package deal."

Top Bottom