• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ESPN's Mel Kiper mock

Idahawk

Reaction score
Seahawks first two rounds

Mel Kiper Mock Draft ESPN's Mel Kiper has released his latest mock draft, which is always a fun exercise to browse through this time of year. The mock goes two rounds deep and is an Insider feature, but here's what Kiper said about Notre Dame defensive end Stephon Tuitt, who he projects to the Seahawks at No. 32, "Seattle lost a little depth on the defensive interior, and I like the idea of Tuitt landing here not just because I think Pete Carroll and staff can maximize what I consider a significant level of talent, but because this is a team that can maximize players that aren't exactly a round peg in the traditional round holes we associate with classic schemes. Tuitt's the kind of defensive lineman who could work inside, or be a big body at defensive end, drive a tackle backward with a bull rush or help to create a formidable run-stopping front that frees up the linebackers to make plays. Seattle tends to surprise me, but this pick makes sense."

Then, in round two at pick No. 64, Kiper likes Seattle going with Tennessee offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James, stating, "Michael Bowie actually wasn't too bad for the Seahawks at right tackle last season, but could end up inside, and I think James can play the position reliably early in his career."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom