• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Doug Baldwin waiting for long term deal .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Doug is clutch slot guy, and those guys always have a bit of chip on their shoulder.... Hopefully he's not holding out, he is a #3 or 4 guy on this team. I value you him close to what bobby engram was for Hasselhof, but we have Sidney, percy, and kearse. Thats a pretty damn good line up.

Reaction score
I think Doug is clutch slot guy, and those guys always have a bit of chip on their shoulder.... Hopefully he's not holding out, he is a #3 or 4 guy on this team. I value you him close to what bobby engram was for Hasselhof, but we have Sidney, percy, and kearse. Thats a pretty damn good line up.
I would be shocked if the guy holds out. He's signed a volunteer workout tender to train with the team even though he's not under contract and technically still a FA. It sounds like he'll play under the tender if a long term deal doesn't get signed this year. I think the Seahawks will ink him to at least 3 years before the season starts. Otherwise he becomes an unrestricted FA next year and that could make resigning him much more difficult.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I would be shocked if the guy holds out. He's signed a volunteer workout tender to train with the team even though he's not under contract and technically still a FA. It sounds like he'll play under the tender if a long term deal doesn't get signed this year. I think the Seahawks will ink him to at least 3 years before the season starts. Otherwise he becomes an unrestricted FA next year and that could make resigning him much more difficult.
Yes, and I think the hawks can match the tender in a multi year deal if he is willing, but if he is looking for 3-4 M a year... No mas...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tate is a play maker and was more explosive but I would take Baldwin over Tate 10/10.

Baldwin would not survive on the corners, Tate faired pretty well because is ability to go up and get a 50/50 ball.
It's hard to compare the two because of the different skill sets, but bottom line you don't have to pay a slot guy as much as a split end. See disgruntled Wes Welker.

Top Bottom