• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Casey Kotchman to the M's

12thMan

Huddler
Reaction score
We will trade Bill Hall to Boston for 1st Baseman Casey Kotchman..

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4798541"]Sources: Seattle Mariners to acquire Casey Kotchman from Boston Red Sox for Bill Hall - ESPN[/ame]

Reaction score
ALL HAIL Z-... Wait a minute... I hate this move.. Kotchman sucks. We need power, we need Branyan back.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
ALL HAIL Z-... Wait a minute... I hate this move.. Kotchman sucks. We need power, we need Branyan back.
Branyan wants a multi-year deal and the M's aren't going to give him that. I'm going to assume he will give in sooner or later and take a one-year deal.

This trade definitely seems like a good one. We traded away Bill Hall for a guy who can play good defense and at least get some hits. I understand wanting and needing power, but the M's are now a very good defensive team with great pitching. If you can get guys on base and hit them in without hitting a homer it works just as effectively.

Reaction score
We've BEEN a great defensive team. We had the highest team UZR ever last season (UZR has only been around for a few years though). Branyan plays a solid first base. And getting guys on base is easier said than done. Try bunching a a 3 or 4 hits together against Zach Grienke or another really good pitcher. I would love to see Branyan back still maybe as a DH, but I really don't see that happening.

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really get this trade at all. The trade itself seems fine as we didn't give up anything of worth, but we don't need a guy like Kotchman. He's average at pretty much everything, and great at nothing. I would have taken Branyan or LaRoche over Kotchman in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
Apparently Branyan doesn't want to come back now that the Mariners have acquired Kotchman. No more high and long homers for the Mariners.

Top Bottom