• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BIG Mike Williams

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
He has a weight stipulation in his contract, I'm sure he's alright.

Dude he does not look like a WR standing next to Rice and Durham, guys that are close to the same height. He looks too fat to play TE based on that angle. I'm sure he'll slim down a few pounds, but that shows that he hasnt corrected his weight gain issues. You hear of guys like Browner who showed up 10 lbs lighter, Red showing up leaner than ever and makes you question his work ethic.

And I do think Lockette will get a real chance to play/start. Red was asking during his press conference to name a few players that have surprised him this offseason, and he mentioned Lockette by name.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Lockette is the one player I really think/hope will amaze us all in the coming season. I actually thought that BMW might make a decent TE when I saw that pic. Maybe that's his aim?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Love the title of the article " throwing to hungry- WRs" little intended pun there?

He's got lots of time, but its sign of poor work ethic.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I'll give him that. Still think he's going to have to bring his A game to make the team. Especially if guys like Obo/Lockette are making a push for the other starting WR spot.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They were talking about this on the radio and they said in person he looked fine. He has always been much bigger than other WRs. Someone called in asking about using him more as a TE. Interesting thought I suppose.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I said it last year, we have some dead wait at WR that needs to go . Guy's that just haven't taken it to the next level . I won't name names because I'm not looking for a pissing match but lets face it when a Baldwin can come in a dominate that's not saying much for the other guys.

Reaction score
I'd love for Williams to get some time in thd slot. Williams can be a great weapon for an accurate QB, especially in the red zone. He never has been and never will be a guy that create a ton of separation, Matthew was able to make him look like a #1 and Jackson made him look like he didn't deserve to be there. It just depends on who's throwing to him, he gets open by getting body position. You have to have a smart/accurate QB who recognizes that and knows how to take advantage of that.

Reaction score
That's the main thing that makes me have hope for Flynn, Williams is a great weapon. You've got the big guys on the out side and if they're both productive that really opens up stuff for Lockette, Butler and Tate.

spudland

Huddler
Reaction score
Williams will have to prove himself to Carroll again. He hasn't let him down yet. Nobody can put last year's ineptitude on the WR's....Jackson couldn't read a defense to save his life. I predict by the time the season starts Jackson is gone, Flynn's the starter and Wilson's the backup. Don't think we'll carry 3 active Qb's...one's going to the practice squad.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
He will be fine, he wasn't that big last year but he was still pretty big. If he wants that dough, he'll shave some pounds. Just have to remember, he's not your typical burner WR, he's gonna get up high and make some nice catches but by no means is he going to outrun a CB also.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
He will be fine, he wasn't that big last year but he was still pretty big. If he wants that dough, he'll shave some pounds. Just have to remember, he's not your typical burner WR, he's gonna get up high and make some nice catches but by no means is he going to outrun a CB also.

And land awkwardly on his ankle, roll it and miss 5-6 games.... again. You sign a decent contract, follow that up with 18 catches and miss 4 games. Now you come into camp looking like a fullback. I'm not impressed. His job is to stay in shape and catch passes. He did neither.

Top Bottom