• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any 'Hawks worth tagging?

Reaction score
OK guys, do we have any players that are worth the franchine tag this off season?

Discuss.

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
Sure there is some talent on the team. Carlson, Tatupu, Hill, Curry and Trufant they are descent players.

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
Nate has not made it to that next level WR yet. I think that they should let him go. Fans talk about Branch as an under underachiever but what has Nate done that stands out ?

Reaction score
HawksNation;44459 said:
Nate has not made it to that next level WR yet. I think that they should let him go. Fans talk about Branch as an under underachiever but what has Nate done that stands out ?
Burleson would have went over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards. Both show the league you have what it takes to be one of the best. He did get hurt toward the end of the year, but there is no way you let him go.

HawksNation

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess that I have higher expectations for him. I would like to see him take that next step and stretch the field a little. I would like to see him get in the big name WR category. T.O., Moss etc.

Reaction score
LOL Tatupu, Hill and Trufant
Overrated and way OVERPAID
Tru had ONE good year yet he is paid like a shut down probowl corner waste of money

Reaction score
Tagging Burleson would mean he would get top 5 money... He's not even close to that although he is very good. Mare you could possibly make a case for,

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We've already tagged a K. Didn't work out so hot. Besides, I remember an interview with Mare (can't remember if it was after Mora had his tirade or if it was during the Coutu competition), but he said he moved his family here with the intent of playing the rest of his career with the Seahawks. No need to tag Mare.

Reaction score
If you have to just use the tag to use it Burleson, but you don't just tag someone to use it. With Nate as Bob said we would have to pay him Top 5 WR money and he's not worth that. Mare will most likely sign a 2-year deal at least that's the vibe I'm getting from his agent Drew.

Reaction score
With the way it's looking no salary cap this year there will be NO Transitional Tag. I don't see anything about the loss of a franchise tag, but will look into it.

Ok I found out the truth to this. I mis-read the info teams will have the possibility of using 2 Transitional Tags or a Transitional and Franchise tag.

Reaction score
You're joking right? Did you see how much Julius Peppers made last year when the Panthers tagged him? Tapp is NOT worth $10 mill next year.

Reaction score
#ONE;44532 said:
Who are all the hawks free agents this year?

WR- Nate Burleson
WR- Ben Obomanu^
G- Rob Sims*
C- Chris Spencer*-
T- Kyle Williams^
DE- Darryl Tapp*
LB- D.D. Lewis
LB- Lance Laury*
CB- Ken Lucas
DB- Lawyer Milloy
T- Damion McIntosh
T- Brandon Frye^
DE- Cory Redding
K-Olindo Mare
P-Jon Ryan+

*= Will be unrestricted in a new Collective Bargaining deal is reached.
+= Signed an extension already.
^-Restricted Free Agent even if a new CBA is signed.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
The agreement also calls for all free agents to only be restricted free agents, so the Hawks will be able to match whatever offer any other team sends to our players. That is good news at least.

Top Bottom